Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pregnancy: Weeks 1-4

I have had the worst case of baby fever ever since we sent off our last "thank you" card from the wedding. I always knew I wanted babies but my goodness when the wedding dust settled a switch was flipped! But, I waited patiently. Sat through lectures while doodling nursery plans, procrastinated writing papers by watching The Bussiness of Being Born and soaked up every bit of pregnancy and baby-related information I could. When I graduated, grad school and a career were the farthest thing from my mind. I couldn't possible spend two more years day dreaming in a lecture on a subject I felt no passion for. Even the direction of my undergrad was skewed by my baby fever. I took courses on infant and child development and wrote every paper I could on fetal brain development and maternal stress levels. I even managed to make my final STATS class project pregnancy realted! I know one day I will go back to school but at that point it was time to do what made me happy. Poor Andrew had been listening to me whine about babies for three years. He didn't need convincing, he wanted it just as badly as I did, despite being less vocal about it. On July 29th 2012 I took a home pregnancy test (only 8dpo) and it came back positive. I took one again the next day with the same results. I told Andrew that afternoon when he got home from school and there was a lot of cardboard (I made a maze, it's a long story), Tragically Hip and happy, shocked tears. :)



Weeks 1-4

How far along? 4 weeks

 
Baby's size and development? Our baby has been nicknamed Poppyseed, thanks to an iPhone app that compared its size in the first few weeks to that of a poppy seed. You weigh 0 oz and are less that .05 of an inch long!

 
Best moment? Telling Andrew that I was pregnant

 
Symptoms/Changes? I didn't experience much in those first weeks, any symptoms I thought I had turned out to be in my imagination once I started experiencing real pregnancy symptoms.

 
What I miss? Large amounts of coffee

 
What I'm looking forward to? My first midwife appointment

No comments:

Post a Comment